Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Week 10: The End of the 23 Things!

Summary - Today is December 12, 2007 and I can't believe I made it through the 23 Things! I started late, got behind and then had to play "catch-up" starting last Friday, December 7th. However, I was DETERMINED to finish because it would have looked REALLY bad if I didn't. As I said in my first blog post, I have to lead by example.

Although it was very time consuming, I have to admit I really enjoyed learning about the 23 Things. There were some "Things" I enjoyed more than others. For example, some of my favorites were creating a Blog and Blogging, Photos & Images, Playing with Online Image Generators, Library Thing, YouTube, Podcasts and Downloadable Media. I'm no expert by any means at any of these "Things" but I'm familiar enough with them to be "dangerous".

This program has certainly enhanced my learning and reduced my fear of some of the latest advancements in technology. This came as a very pleasant surprise to me! Although I don't own an iPod or MP3 Player, at least I know their purposes.

HCPL has so much to offer in its collection that I find it absolutely amazing. It's no wonder we're the number one library system in the state of Texas! Not only to do we have an amazing collection but we also have an amazing Web 2.0 staff that offers an amazing Library 2.0 service to our customers. I recommend that we continue to be innovative and before we know it, we'll be the number one library system in the country!

Grace and Linda, I did it!!!!!

No comments: